Two blog posts in a row for salmon… You must be thinking I am obsessed, but this was way too delicious not to post straight away. This noodle salad is a healthy summer dish full of crunchy vegetables. It is a great mid week meal when you’re feeling lazy and you’ve got no time to cook. The only cooking involved is of the noodles which takes around 4 minutes. All you need to do is chop up the salad, cook your soba, combine the dressing ingredients, place everything in a bowl and EAT!
- 100g of smoked salmon
- 2 packages of soba, my favourite brand is the organic soba noodles made by hakubaku
- ½ a cucumber, flesh scraped out with a spoon and diced or julienned
- 4 lettuce leaves e.g. fancy lettuce, sliced into thin strips
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- ½ a carrot, julienned
- ¼ red capsicum, julienned (optional)
- white sesame seeds
- Juice of one lime
- 2 inch knob of ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Prepare soba according to package directions.
- Cool the noodles under cold running water, and drain in a colander to remove as much water as possible.
- Slice smoked salmon into bite size pieces.
- Place the drained soba in a bowl and top with the lettuce, cucumber, carrot, smoked salmon and finally the sesame seeds.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a jar, and shake. Pour over the dish just before serving.