Christmas is my favourite time of the year and London celebrates it spectacularly well. Coming from New Zealand I’m used to having a summer Christmas – beach, BBQ’s & jandals. Now that I live in the Northern hemisphere I can sing along to christmas carols like ‘walking in a Winter Wonderland’ without feeling like a phoney. Here are my top 8 things to do in London this Christmas – mulled wine and christmas jumpers essential!
My two favourites destinations for ice skating are Somerset House and the Natural History Museum.
2. Winter Wonderland at Hyde Park
3. Check out the christmas lights in town
My favourite streets are Oxford St, Regent St, Carnaby St and Covent Garden
4. Shop at the beautiful department stores & don’t forget to check out their window displays
Liberty’s, Harrods, Fortnum & Mason’s, Selfridges
5. Christmas at Kew Gardens
Take a walk through the gardens in a magical after dark experience
6. Visit the Bath Christmas Markets
7. Christmas Carols at the Royal Albert
8. Visit the merriest pub in London – Churchill Arms’s
Merry Christmas everyone!!