In the warmer months when you are wanting to make the most of the sun, sometimes you don’t want to spend the whole evening cooking a meal. That’s why it’s always good to have a few quick and easy salad recipes up your sleeve that you can whip up in a jiffy and still impress – this salad is just that.
I love salads that make the most of seasonal produce. Here we have green beans and tomatoes tossed with peas, spinach and feta. Serve with meat of your choice, delicious!
- 125g beans (topped and tailed)
- ½ cup of peas (frozen or fresh)
- 1 tsp coriander seeds (crushed or use ground coriander)
- ½ tsp dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- zest of 1 lemon
- handful of lettuce
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped (or use spring onion)
- ½ red chilli, finely chopped
- ½ garlic clove, crushed
- 1 Tbsp fresh tarragon
- 125g feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tomatoes, deseeded and diced
- salt and pepper
- 2 strips of diced, cooked bacon (optional),
- Boil beans for 3 minutes, place in cold water, then dry on towel. Repeat with peas but they only need 40 seconds.
- Combine onion, mustard, chilli and garlic.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat. Add coriander and sizzle for a few seconds. Add onion mix and stir for a few minutes.
- Combine peas, beans, onion mix, tomatoes, lemon zest and lettuce in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Crumble over feta and bacon if using.