These are my favourite savoury muffins! The best thing is that they are so easy to make but they taste and look like they could come from a café. This gourmet snack has some of my favourite ingredients in the recipe (sun-dried tomatoes, pesto and cheese) so it is no wonder that I love these mouthfuls of deliciousness. Great for a meal on the run or morning tea.
Makes 20-24 large muffins or around 30 medium sized muffins
- 6 cups of flour
- 9 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 6 cups of grated cheese
- 2 cups chopped feta
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 3 cups of any of the following: roast vegetables, sundried tomatoes, red capsicum, parsley, pesto (today I used sun-dried tomatoes, pesto and parsley)
- black pepper
- topping: relish of choice (i like to use anathoth tomato relish), sliced tomato, sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 200°C and grease muffin trays
- Sift flour, baking powder, curry powder and pepper in a large bowl
- Toss through grated cheese and feta
- In another bowl, lightly beat eggs and milk together.
- Add to dry ingredients along with 3 cups of vegetables
- Divide between muffin tins and top each one with a spoonful of relish, some sliced tomato and a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
The LOOK the best!
Thanks so much! 🙂 I hope you try them
They look so good! Do you think you could use courgettes (zucchini)? I am looking for some savoury muffins/bread and these look perfect!
You could definitely use zucchini. I would recommend using 1 cup of grated zucchini, making sure you squeeze out a lot of the excess moisture. Zucchini, corn kernels and basil could be a good combination 🙂
Fabulous, thanks for the tip! I will definitely try them 🙂
Looks so good! Do you roast the vegetables you add yourself?
Also, what kind of tomato relish do use for the topping?
Hi Serena. Thanks for your comment 🙂
This recipe is great cause you can add in basically anything 🙂 I would use vegetables if I had any leftovers from a roast, I wouldn’t bother roasting vegetables especially for this recipe since I am lazy haha. My fave tomato relish is a New Zealand brand called Anathoth, however I’m not sure if it is available out of NZ sorry.
I’m not usually a fan of muffins but I just bit ito this one and I must admit – it’s delicious!
Haha thanks Georgia! #winning
These look great and taste even better! Thanks for bringing them in. Went down a treat heated with a knob of butter 🙂
Wow Angela! What a compliment. 😃 So glad you liked them!
Presentation is absolutely great, reminded me of food from a cafe!!
It tasted just as good, especially the tomatoes and sesame seeds. I love savoury muffins and not a great fan of sweet muffins. Therefore, these muffins are definitely up my alley way!!
Pingback: Savoury Muffins | Who Needs Chopsticks?
Oh my gosh, those look so good!
Thanks Eowyn 🙂