These are my favourite savoury muffins! The best thing is that they are so easy to make but they taste and look like they could come from a café. This gourmet snack has some of my favourite ingredients in the recipe (sun-dried tomatoes, pesto and cheese) so it is no wonder that I love these mouthfuls of deliciousness. Great for a meal on the run or morning tea.
Makes 20-24 large muffins or around 30 medium sized muffins
- 6 cups of flour
- 9 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 6 cups of grated cheese
- 2 cups chopped feta
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 3 cups of any of the following: roast vegetables, sundried tomatoes, red capsicum, parsley, pesto (today I used sun-dried tomatoes, pesto and parsley)
- black pepper
- topping: relish of choice (i like to use anathoth tomato relish), sliced tomato, sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 200°C and grease muffin trays
- Sift flour, baking powder, curry powder and pepper in a large bowl
- Toss through grated cheese and feta
- In another bowl, lightly beat eggs and milk together.
- Add to dry ingredients along with 3 cups of vegetables
- Divide between muffin tins and top each one with a spoonful of relish, some sliced tomato and a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.