It is no wonder that the Coromandel is one of my favourite holiday spots in New Zealand. With no shortage of beautiful golden beaches, natural hideaways, native rain forests, all set amongst rural farmland, it is the ideal location for a super relaxing getaway. The Coromandel is located on the East Coast of the North Island and is about an hour and a half drive from Auckland.
Here is a list of my top tips for the Coromandel region:
- Cathedral Cove – accessible only on foot (30-40 min walk), boat or kayak.
- Hot Water Beach – where you can dig your own spa pool in the sand. Make sure you visit two hours either side of low tide.
- New Chum Beach – voted as one of the top 10 beaches in the world. It is only accessible via track which takes around a 30-40 min walk.
- Kuaotunu – get a Kuaotunu Killer (5 scoops of ice-cream on a cone) if you dare.
- Pinnacles Walk – keep two days aside to do this walk, stay overnight at the modern Pinnacles Hut which is situated on one of the highest peaks in the valley.
Please feel free to ask me any questions about the Coromandel 🙂