First stop on our OE – Seminyak, Bali!
Seminyak is one of the main tourist hubs in Bali. It is full of ex-pats (Australian’s mainly). In amongst the windy roads which are full of construction, are high-end boutiques, plenty of luxurious spas and resorts, clubs and last but not least restaurants. It is no wonder that land and accommodation prices are amongst the highest in Bali.
Courtenay and I spent 3 nights in Seminyak. Our accommodation (The Taman Ayu) was very central and right next to W Resort and Spa and Potato Head Beach Club so we were able to explore on foot.
- Potato Head Beach Club – everyone says this is a Bali “must do”.
- Petitenget – great place for dinner, complimentary bread and rice paper rolls, everyone was so smiley and the food was divine
- Revolver – this is where I would get my daily coffee!
- Sisterfields – had my favourite meal here – pork belly with vermicelli salad (cost the equivalent of $7 NZD)
- Earth Cafe – great for vegan snacks and smoothies/juice
- Sea Circus – great for lunch – would recommend mummy’s mojito ( delicious smoothie) and the taco’s
- Bambu restaurant – indonesian fine dining
- W Resort and Spa – spent the morning here lounging by the pool – my favourite morning
- Body Works – mid range $ – but great treatments – I had a cream spa (hair treatment, with scalp, back and arm massage)
- Tanah Lot – a temple in Bali that is situated on the beach, when the tide is in it is surrounded by water. We had dinner here (overpriced local food) and watched the sunset.
- Culture shock – on arrival we were bombarded with taxi drivers yelling at us and following us around. Take your time and don’t be forced into anything
- Currency – 10,000 rupi is about the equivalent to $1 NZD, prices are often abbreviated i.e they will say a cocktail is 50 – just remember they mean 50,000
Beautiful photos! You two should be on the brochure for that hotel. Enjoy!
Beautiful photos Kat! I officially want to go to Bali now! xxx
You would love it hear Zoe. I’m swimming everyday! That’s saying something haha xx
Amazing photos!!!!!!!! It looks like a dream.I’m so jealous. Xx
Thanks Angela! If you liked Fiji you’d love Bali! Maybe your next holiday ? X
Looks pretty darn good to me. What every girl needs. Rest,relaxation,fine food,pampering.
Thanks Lorraine! Need to pinch myself every now and again! 🙂
Wow I found all those masks/faces a bit creepy. Food looks great, scenery amazing and
You both look like your having fun.
Haha they were creepy! And right next to the masks was a giant cat on a tree and they were selling cat poo coffee! All a bit of an experience haha x