The hardest thing about saving for my OE (which I depart for tomorrow) was to curb my addiction to EATING OUT! Wellington is crammed with more bars, cafes and restaurants per capita than New York. As a self proclaimed foodie it is no wonder that my weekend normally revolves around food – after work vino’s, brunch, coffee dates, dinners and sunday markets. Although I am super excited to move to London I will miss all the Wellington eateries. Here is a list of my faves! I hope you guys agree / this gives you some inspiration for when you are stuck on where to go!
- Ti Kouka – pulled pork burger, salted caramel cookies
- Matterhorn – proximo wine, squid
- Prefab – amazing coffee, really anything on the menu but in particular the potato gratin
- Le Canard down at The Wellington Markets on a Sunday – chicken baguette
- Loretta – sweet rice pudding
- The Bresolin – delicious menu for dinner, but also great for an after work drink
- Mt Vic Chippery – pulled pork burger and kumara chips
- Ombre – the gnocchi (this changes frequently but is always delicious), polenta chips
- Tasting Room – beef wellington
- Five Boroughs – putin
- Cafe Polo – anything from the sweet treats cabinet
- Maranui – the big breakfast
- Nam D takeaway shop – banh mi
- Joe’s Garage – sweetie
- The Hangar – good coffee
- Havana bar – strong drinks
- Ortega Fish Shack – my favourite (where the featured image was taken)
Next blog post will be coming from Asia ! 😀
Yay such a good list! Have an amazing trip, can’t wait to have food envy while reading about your international foodie posts!! X
Thanks Elsie!! If you’re lucky you might get a post card (even thought it’s your turn!)
I am so excited to be living vicariously through your travels, be safe, eat well and have fun.
Thanks so much Judy!! 😀 will be sure to keep you all updated x
Scott and I have favourited this page to work our way through 🙂 Will keep ya updated on our attempts at being foodies!
Haha I love that! Xx
Safe travels Kat. Enjoy the travel enjoy the experience and well the food! Lots of love Gus
The food looks good.