Friday night called for drinks at the palace! Especially since we haven’t had people over since my two new flatties have moved in.
Drinks call for platters. And you cannot have a platter without my favourite salmon dip!
I first tried the retro dip at a shared lunch. I was so obsessed with it, I managed to eat most of the dip myself and did not leave much for anyone else. Not so shared lunch… Here is the recipe I managed to get off Lorraine (Thanks Lorraine!)
- 250g cream cheese
- 2x 210g can of red salmon 210 (bones and yuck stuff removed)
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 3 Tbsp condensed milk mayonnaise
- few drops of tobasco
- 1 clove of garlic
- salt and pepper
Condensed milk mayo:
- ½ tin condensed milk
- ¼ cup brown vinegar
- ½ tsp mustard
- Combine all ingredients. Add more vinegar if you want it runnier
- Beat cream cheese until soft and creamy.
- Drain salmon and add to cream cheese. Mix.
- Add spring onion, garlic, mayo, tobacco and salt and pepper.
- Spoon into serving dish and refrigerate for several hours.