Full of beautiful rock formations and stunning beaches, the Algarve is ah-mazing! From Lisbon we drove down the Southern coast of Portugal to Lagos, stopping along the way to check out the stunning scenery.
Beaches on the way that we loved:
- Portinho da Arrabida – we had lunch at one of the over priced restaurants here
Once we got to Lagos the exploring didn’t stop. We used Lagos as a base and went on roadies to the beaches and cliffs.
- Sagres – an hour out of Lagos, a beachside town with the craziest cliffs.
- Praia de Marinha – an hour or two out of Lagos, there are some great walking tracks here.
- Praia Dona Ana – beach in Lagos
- Ponta de Piedade – cliffs in Lagos
There wasn’t too much to excite me here in the Algarve. I would definitely recommend doing a wine tasting at Quinta do Frances and having dinner at Nah Nah Bah (a burger joint) – some of the best fries I’ve had!
Thank you to The Geeky Explorer, as I got a lot of recommendations from his blog post.