Second stop in Indonesia, Gili T! To get here you take a fast boat from the mainland of Bali. They claim that it is an hour and a half – realistically this can take from 1 hour and a half to 2 hours and a half since we’re on island time. This back packer island takes only 3 hours to walk around or 1 and a half hours on bike. You won’t find scooters or cars here, only horse and cart and bikes. If you like to party this is the place for you. We spent 3 nights here in a small cottage called Cotton Tree Cottages. It was a really cute cottage with a super laid back vibe. Downside was that it smelt like petrol – I think they used it as a cleaning agent?
- Get plenty of massages! We went to Samba and Azure spa
- Chill on a day bed next to the beach with a bintang
- Watch the sunset at Resort Ombok. Here they have the famous swings in the sea
- Bike around the island. With plenty of stops it takes about 2 hours
- Go on a snorkelling trip. Our trip costed about $12 NZ. They fill the boat with as many tourists as they can and take you to four spots around Gili Air, Gili Meno and Gili T. We got to swim with a giant turtle which was amazing. Take snacks on board as the lunch is not great.
- Places to eat dinner: Scallywags, The Beach House Resort and Cafe Kayu. All the restaurants have pretty similar menu’s but we found these ones the best.
- Spend an afternoon at a fancy resort. If you purchase some food or drink they give you a towel and let you spend all day swimming and lazing by the pool. We did this at Pearl Beach Lounge.
- Try not to stay near the mosque. They have speakers that play prayers about four times a day – including in the middle of the night