This is the best granola recipe! It is freaking delicious and the best part is that its healthy. It has a lovely crunchy texture due to all of the tasty nuts that get baked in coconut oil and maple syrup, and then the cinnamon really takes it to the next level. This is a recipe from Deliciously Ella.
Enjoy with yoghurt, grated apple, fresh berries and almond milk! Yum!
Makes one large container of granola
- 2 and a 1/2 cups of whole grain oats
- 1 cup of pecans
- 1/2 cup of almonds
- 1/2 cup of flax seeds
- 1 cup of pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup of sunflower seeds
- 1 cup of raisins
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 3 teaspoons of cinnamon
- Place the pecans and almonds in a food processor and pulse for about 30 seconds so that they are partially crushed. Then add them to a large mixing bowl with all the other dry ingredients, except the raisins and cinnamon, and stir together.
- Next, melt the coconut oil with the maple syrup and cinnamon on the stove, once it has dissolved into a sweet liquid add it to the dry bowl and mix well. This should form a delicious oaty nutty bowl, which is slightly sticky.
- Place the mixture into a baking tray and bake for about 30-40 minutes at 180C, until crunchy. During this time you’ll need to stir the mixture to ensure that every bit of the granola gets nicely toasted and the top doesn’t burn.
- Once the granola is cooked perfectly remove the tray from the oven and allow it to cool, then stir in the raisins. Store the granola in an air-tight container to keep it wonderfully fresh and crunchy.