I absolutely love baked eggs for breakfast! I know I have already posted a recipe for baked eggs on here, but this one is different, and maybe even more delicious! The first baked eggs recipe I posted has a tomato base, but this one has more of a creamy base. So depending on your mood you can pick which one you want to cook for an easy brunch. You can also vary the filling to whatever you have at home i.e. chuck in chorizo, mushroom, leek etc. This is a Nadia Lim recipe, a previous NZ master chef winner.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20-25 minutes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 rashers bacon, chopped
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme
- 4 free range eggs
- 3 tablespoons cream or Greek yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese or 30g crumbled feta
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of smoked paprika or sumac, optional Buttered toast fingers to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Sauté onion, bacon, spring onions and thyme until onion is soft and bacon is cooked, a few minutes.
- Divide bacon and onion mixture between two ramekins and crack 2 eggs into each. Top eggs with 1 1⁄2 tablespoons of cream or Greek yoghurt, season with salt and pepper and sprinkle over smoked paprika or sumac.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes depending on whether you want runny or set yolks. Crumble over the feta when there is only a few minutes of baking time let.
- Enjoy with buttered toast fingers.
Delicious!! Made this today for a late lunch/brunch and it hit the spot! I used cream but keen to try it again using Greek yoghurt. Great flavour combinations and easy make, highly recommend! Thanks for sharing Kat!
No worries 😀 so happy you found it delcious and easy!